The Sakura is Japan’s national flower and every year, without fail, people would go to Japan during the Sakura season to admire these pretty little things. Many people flock to Japan during the well-known Sakura season but do you know that there is a way to beat the crowd and also save some money for your pocket? Taiwan is also a good place (and much cheaper alternative) to catch a glimpse of these dainty, pretty flowers!
- View the cherry blossoms at: Alishan Youth Acitivity Center or Zhaoping Park
- One of the most popular places for viewing the cherry blossoms
2) Tamsui- Wuji Tianyuan Temple
- Close to Taipei and can get really crowded
3) Wu’s Ancestral Shrine
- Overlook cherry blossoms from Chinese-styled pavilions
- At night, you would be able to catch the Taipei’s night scene
4) New Taipei City- North Sea Jishi Temple
- Not very crowded as most people come here to pray to a Buddhist god.
5) Yilan- Renshan Botanical Gardens
- Popular place for hiking and catching the beautiful sunrise
6) Taichung- Wuling Farm
- Situated two hours away from Yilan by car and is on route to the highest peak in Taiwan- the Snow Mountain.
- Getting there: Buy your bus ticket in advance from Taipei City Hall Bus station and get ready for a four hour bus ride.
- Able to do star gazing at night